Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) is of growing interest in the cosmetics and health care industry due to it's phenomenal multi-functional benefits. Manufactured to the highest quality standards at DSM's award-winning factory in Scotland, biologically active Vitamin C (L-Ascorbic Acid) has been shown to offer the following benefits:
Anti-oxidant and photoprotective
- Neutralizes the oxidative stress acting as radical scavenger
- Protects against UV-and ozone-induced oxidative damage.
Skin lightening activity
- Decreases melanin synthesis
Cosmetic improvement of acne-prone skin
- Reduces the appearance of acne.
- Stimulates collagen synthesis
- Contributes to skin barrier formation
- Promotes proliferation of fibroblasts
- Improves ceramide content in keratinocytes.
Hair care activity
- Promotes hair growth.
Support of healthy teeth and gums
- Inactivates harmful oral bacteria.
- Reduces malodor.
Further detail and formulation advice is available on request. Ascorbic Acid from DSM is supplied as either fine or ultra fine powder.