Niacinamide belongs to the family of the B vitamins. It is essential in the diet and is contained in many foodstuffs. Niacinamide is also known as vitamin B3, vitamin PP or nicotinamide. To match today’s industry needs, DSM offers Niacinamide PC, a new grade of niacinamide with minimal traces of nicotinic acid.
Niacinamide PC has multiple beneficial effects on the skin:
- It improves skin moisturization
- Increases the keratin synthesis and stimulates filaggrin and involucrin proteins
- Improves the appearance of aging skin by stimulating new fibroblasts and collagen secretion
- Provides potent anti-inflammatory activity in the treatment of acne vulgaris, reducing papules/pustules and acne severity
- Imparts a more even skin tone
Niacinamide PC is water soluble and very easy to formulate. It has easy dissolution up to 5% and tolerates a broad range of pH (3-7.5).